MomoCon is now officially accepting submissions for it’s 2014 AMV contest. The submission deadline is Monday, April 28th, 2014 @ 11:59pm EST. The submission form can be found here: https://momoamvs.wufoo.com/forms/momocons-2014-amv-contest/
Each finalist will receive a free 3-day pass to MomoCon 2014! The top video in each category will also receive a trophy and prize pack consisting of DVDs, manga and various merchandise
provided by our sponsors.
This year, entrants that attend MomoCon will also have the opportunity to vote on the winner of the “Editors’ Choice” Award that will be given out at the end of the contest.AMV Contest Rules and GuidelinesGeneral:
1) All submissions must consist of at least 50% Japanese animation, anime-style video game cutscenes or anime-inspired stills to be accepted into the competition.
2) Videos must not contain watermarks or subtitles that were not inserted by the editor. Also, Since MomoCon will be making title cards for all of the finalists, we ask that your submissions do not include intros, credits, studio bumpers, lead-ins, or lead-outs that are not directly related to the video content.
3) Videos must be of reasonable video and audio quality. We suggest that your video resolution be at least 640×480, and your frame rate be 23.976fps or higher.
4) Videos must be under 8 minutes in length and only consist of footage edited solely by the entrant(s). Entries that use footage taken from other AMVs will be disqualified. Collabs and MEPs are allowed, but each participant must be listed on the submission form.
5) Entrants are only allowed to submit (1) video to a category. Also, entrants are only allowed to submit to (2) of the (6) categories. Entrants will be allowed to submit a 3rd entry if one of their submissions is to either the Trailer/ Parody or Comedy category. And lastly, a single video can not be submitted to more than one category.
6) Submitted videos must not contain excessive violence, language or content that would place it above a PG13 rating. This rule will be enforced on a case-by-case basis.
7) Videos that were submitted to any prior MomoCon AMV Exhibitions or Contests are not eligible to participate. Also, videos that premiered before January 1st, 2013 are discouraged.
8) All submissions must be in MomoCon’s possession by 11:59 pm (EST) on Monday, April 28h, 2014. Attendance to MomoCon is not required to enter the competition and will not improve your odds of winning.Categories:
The AMV contest is split into six categories. Entrants are allowed to select the best fit category for each of their submissions, but if our judges strongly disagree with the genre of a submitted video, it may be moved to a better fitting category. The categories are as follows:
Fun / Upbeat
Drama / Serious
Romance / Sentimental
Trailer / ParodySubmissions:
The submission form can be found here: https://momoamvs.wufoo.com/forms/momocons-2014-amv-contest/
The form requires you to provide a download link of your video via a file uploading service like YouSendIt, or SendSpace. If using Google Drive or Dropbox, please ensure that the URL you send is a “shared” or “public” link. If your AMV is available for download on http://www.animemusicvideos.org,
you also have the option of instead providing a link to it’s video information page. Note: Youtube or ”streaming only” links will not be accepted.
If your video meets the necessary rules and requirements, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within 72 hours. Note: At any time, MomoCon reserves the right to not show or ultimately disqualify any submitted AMV for any reason.File Formats:
MomoCon is able to accept AMVs in a wide variety of file types and even HD (720p or greater) videos. But even so, please do not upscale your videos. If your footage wasn’t taken from a blu-ray disc or was already HD, upscaling it to 720 or 1080p can negatively affect your video. The preferred file type is MP4, but we also accept AVI, MPEG-2, WMV, MKV and many more. We strongly discourage submitting QuickTime, DivX, Real Media or Flash Video.Judging:
After the submission deadline passes, our panel of judges will rate each video, and the top five AMVs from each category will be selected as a finalist and screened during the convention. Finalists will be announced and notified via e-mail about a week after the submission deadline passes. During the AMV contest screening (May 24th, 2014) , MomoCon attendees will have the opportunity to vote on which video they feel should win each individual category. Once the votes have been tailed, the winners will be announced at the contest screening and via twitter https://twitter.com/MomoCon
In addition to the awards voted on by the audience, there will also be a “Judges Choice” and “Editors’ Choice” award. The “Judges’ Choice” Award will be chosen solely by MomoCon staff prior to the convention, but will not be announced until the contest. The “Editors’ Choice” Award will be chosen by entrants that attend the convention, and will be announced at the end of the contest. Winning the “Judges’ Choice” or “Editors’ Choice” award will not disqualify a video from also winning an award from one of the main categories. Also, accepted videos that do not make the finals of the contest are still eligible to win the “Judges’ Choice” award, but only the finalists are eligible for “Editors’ Choice” award.Prizes and Awards:
Each finalist will receive a free 3-day pass to MomoCon 2014. The top video in each category will also receive a trophy and prize pack consisting of DVDs, manga and various merchandise provided by our sponsors. Winners that are present at the convention will be required to show a photo ID in order to claim their prizes. Anything not claimed during the contest will be shipped out immediately after the convention.
If you have any questions or comments about the contest, you can contact MomoCon’s AMV Department at firstname.lastname@example.org