Messages : 571
Join date : 2013-10-17
Age : 29
|Subject: Team Warfare Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:31 pm|| |
- Radical_Yue wrote:
How it Works (Simple Version)
Teams will sign up with 3 - 5 members each with the maximum of 5 being heavily encouraged. During each round there will be 5 themes and 4 genres announced. Each team will have to produce 3 videos that are 3 different genres, each based on a different theme. Each team may decide how the videos are made however they see fit.
//examples of possible ways to distribute work//
1) Each person takes a theme and creates a video based on it.
2) Mini-MEPs or collabs are done for each theme with multiple people working on the same video.
3) One person does multiple videos
The videos will each be assigned individual scores and bonus points (see Genres, Themes, and Bonus Points) before all scores for the team videos are added up and averaged out to create the Team Score.
There are no eliminations and the team with the highest score after 3 rounds wins.
Only 10 teams will be allowed to sign up. Signs ups are a first come, first served basis.
NOTE: This is a contest that will require editors to try multiple genres, effects, and styles of editing. While editors of any skill level are welcome to join, as with any contest please make sure you have the proper resources before you sign up. I know that not everyone is rich but signing up for a contest like this while only owning 2 shows and a rock to edit with isn't advisable.
Genres, Themes, and Bonus Points
Each round there will be 5 different themes and 4 genres announced. The available genres will remain the same but the themes will change each round.
Each team must select 3 different themes and 3 different genres. Each video that the team makes must fall under a different genre available. They can mix and match whatever theme with whatever genre they want.*
Once the videos are turned in, the most popular and least popular video genres will be determined. Depending on the popularity of the genre the video will receive bonus points added to it's overall score.
Most Popular - 0
Second Most Popular - 5
Third Most Popular - 10
Least Popular - 15
* Please note that there a couple of themes specify certain genres. If your team decides to take on a theme that has a genre attached to it then that genre is off the table for the other 2 videos. You can not select an alternate genre for a theme that has a genre already associated with it. There are not many of these themes but they're out there.
Each team will be required to submit the following:
1) A list of their team members
2) Team Name
3) A team banner 700x120 (Max signature size for Org Forum - Please note that if you use this as a forum signature you can not have anything else in the signature area. You may create a smaller version for your signature if you wish to do so but a 700x120 version is still required.)
4) A team logo (See Team Logo section for more information)
Once the contest begins, the team list may not be altered. Substitutes for team members who drop will not be allowed. A team may continue as long as they have 3 members. That being said, all 3 members are not required to edit. As previously stated, the videos can be edited by whoever and however the team wants.
Team logo must be at least 300 dpi and submit to me in private. The logo is a separate image from the team banner and will be engraved into the awards if the team wins. There are a couple different options for the awards so please keep these in mind when you design your logo and select what type of award your team would like. All editors on the team will get identical awards so this would be chosen as a team vote.
The options available are:
Black Award + White Engraving
Blue Award + White Engraving
Pink Award + Black Engraving
The logo submit will need to be a simple two-tone black and white image. The black sections of the logo will be what is cut into the award and will appear either white or black depending on what color of award the team decides to go with.
Example of how a logo should look
While you're welcome to go nuts with the team banner, a simplified logo would be best for the award but the design is 100% up to the team.
Each team will be provided with FTP information that they can use to share betas with each other and link their final videos from.
You may use any sources you like, so long as they fit the requirements for AnimeMusicVideos.org. So no porn, overly violent sources, etc... Beyond that, go wild.
Containers: AVI, MP4, MKV
Video codecs: H.264, XviD, DivX
Audio codecs: MP3, AAC
Resolution: 1280x720 Maximum
Framerate: No higher than 60fps
Maximum Filesize: 150mb
Calender of events
Round 1 Start: March 31st - April 6th
Round 2 Start: April 14th - April 23rd
Final Round: May 5th - May 19th
As you can see, rounds get longer as the contest progresses. You start with 1 week, then 1 1/2, and the final round is 2 weeks. The judging will be completed in between rounds and will be posted by the next round's start at the absolute latest.
Radical_Yue - An Admin who has an unhealthy obsession with cursing.
Ileia - The Pinkest Cupcake Princess around.
Pwolf - Long time member with a wealth of technical knowledge. (Secretly a pwaffle)
Shin-AMV - Wants to be Ileia.
The scoring goes through a couple different phases.
While assigning points the judges will be basing their scores off each individual video’s merits (concept, editing, flow, visual effect usage, theme, etc.) and issue an overall score. The judges will assign scores from 0 -100 per video with accompanying comments to explain their scoring decisions. Bonus points will be added to each overall video's score after the judging has been completed.
Once each individual video has it's own scores (a total of 0 - 500) the scores will be averaged out to create a team score.
The team with the highest score at the end of the tournament wins. That means that there will be no eliminations in between rounds. So even if your team tanks the first round, you've got 2 more rounds to make up for it and a chance to win.
//Example of scoring//
Video A 350/500 Video B 480/500 Video C 297/500
350 + 480 + 297 = 1,127 / 3 = 375.6 (Team Score)
While the theme/requirement will be factored into the judging it will not be the sole decider on whether a video is highly ranked. The judges are allowed to penalize a video if they feel the requirement is not fully completed or integrated poorly but the general video and how good it is as a standalone entry will be first and foremost when judging.
The scores will not be revealed until the final round is over and a winner has been announced. The teams will be told individual placement for each video and overall team ranking but not the score associated with them until it's all said and done.
1. The competition is free and open to all but the contest organizers and judges (screening and final judgment). Members of AnimeMusicVideos.org staff are allowed to enter as long as they are not involved in either judging or coordination.
2. The closing of registration is set for 03/23/2014 at 11:59PM CDT.
3. Every round will require each team to submit a total of 3 videos, one for each theme. If a team fails to produce 3 videos, then the missing videos will be ranked with a 0 score.
4. You may NOT use pre-prepared rotos, altered footage, etc... You may pre-prepare footage before the round begins but you may not alter it with effects. If it is discovered that have pre-prepared anything more than basic footage, you will be disqualified.
5. Each video must be at least 1 minute and 30 seconds long (unless stated otherwise), not counting bumpers, credits, etc.. If you do not meet the time requirement, the video will automatically be ranked with a 0.
6. If you wish to join, you must post in the official sign up thread on the AnimeMusicVideos.org forum.
7. All team members must be registered on AnimeMusicVideos.org
1. Each participant understands that if they violate any of the previously stated rules, they will be disqualified.
2. Also, by participating in this contest, you agree that the decisions of the contest organizers and the judges are FINAL.
3. Any negative outbursts against judges or other competitors will not be tolerated. We want you to have fun but outright flaming can result is disqualification.
The prizes will be physical acrylic awards with the team name, contest name, team logo, editor's name, etc. on them and mini-giraffe plush toys. They will be mailed out to the winners after their mailing addresses have been collected. The mailing information will be kept private and will never be used for any solicitation or given out to the public.
Since the awards will be custom made and individually mailed out after the contest has ended, it may take a while for the awards to get to their final destination.
Grounds for Disqualification
1. The disqualification of a participant is left entirely to the discretion of contest organizers.
2. Any use of moving works of pornographic, racist, defamatory content or likely to impair the physical or moral integrity will result in immediate disqualification of the participant.
3. Failure of one or more articles of this regulation will also be considered disqualifying.
Amendment or Cancellation of the Competition
The administrative staff of AnimeMusicVideos.Org reserves the right to modify, postpone, or cancel this contest without notice.
Messages : 307
Join date : 2013-10-18
Age : 24
Location : Paris France
|Subject: Re: Team Warfare Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:58 am|| |
Messages : 723
Join date : 2013-10-14
Age : 25
Location : Italy
Messages : 258
Join date : 2013-10-12
Location : Argentina
|Subject: Re: Team Warfare || |